Milton Glaser

 1. My favorite piece of work through Glaser's career has to be his "The Secret of Art" poster. I believe this could have so many different meanings behind it depending on the type of person, or illustrator, one is. The crumpled up piece of paper that says "The Secret of Art" truly is an iconic piece of work, as of now. 

2. I believe Milton Glaser's aspirations were as simple as putting his ideas on paper and having people view and discuss them over various different reasons. He believed one could interpret art in millions of different ways depending on their personality and background. 

3. A point at which I believe shows his love for his job was when he states that he would make several different copies of one piece of work and flip flop different things in the art to make them a little bit different. He would then decide which of the few he found the most appealing to him and use this as his final piece. 

4. To be honest, the one thing that stood out to me was the part where the video mentions Stoney Brook. The sign right as they are incorporating it into the video states, "Many Voices, Many Visions, One University". How much more inspiration can you have in a video than that? I believe this sign is how the people in today's society should live their lives. There is for no reason, a need to judge or discriminate someone for their beliefs or feelings. 

Comments

Popular Posts